Wednesday, February 11, 2009

You like me, you really like me!



I'm jazzed! My good friend Kathleen from Katydid and Kid has given me an award! She's given me the Passionate Blogger Award.

The "rules" for this award:

1. Put the logo in your blog post
2. Write five things you are passionate about apart from blogging
3. Tag up to 5 people on your lists and let them know you tagged them.

Five things that I'm passionate about:


1. Being an advocate for my husband, who lives with severe anxiety and depression.
My husband suffers every day with an illness that isn't taken as seriously as it should be. These aren't diseases that are diagnosable through conclusive tests and he is often told to "suck it up" or "get over it" by people confusing his sickness for laziness or immaturity. I believe that he deserves a life as full and satisfying as anybody else and I will fight tooth and nail to see that he has the services and treatment opportunities that will make that quality of life possible.

2. Fiber-anything!
I loved to sew as a child and began weaving in college. The repetitive operating of the treadles, the shuttle skimming quietly across the warp and the thrill of seeing the colors interact as the fabric builds-slowly but surely-is a very meditative and wholly satisfying experience. I also needle felt and recently learned to knit and crochet. I must say, I'm in love! (Natch.)

3. Ephemera
These items help show where we've been; trips we've taken, bands we've seen, places we've visited, either on purpose or by accident. By saving them it helps give significance to those fleeting moments, which may seem ordinary now, but down the road these are times I want to remember.

4. Promoting arts in education.
It is my philosophy that we are all helping to "write" the story of our time for future generations. We learn so much about past cultures through the art and artifacts left behind. If we do not instill an importance in art making of all kinds in today's children, who will be there to tell our story?

5. Good Cosmetics
Ooooh boy, do I love me some nice make up! Now that we are having financial hardships, it's not a luxury that I can indulge in often. Some people think it is a waste, but they can have the Wet n' Wild all to themselves. I'll go hungry for some good eyeshadow! MAC eyeshadow in yogurt (pink), behold (grey), era (tan) and vanilla are my "go to" girls. I love Benefit's Brow Zings and Highbrow (an arch highlighter that makes you look like a drag queen, but in a good way. Trust me.) For foundation, nothing beats Bare Escentuals.


So, that's me, in a world without blogging! Here are my nominee's:

1. Suffering from Nostalgia

2. It's About Me, Amoena

3. The Land of the KnitaSaur

4. My Knitting Basket

These are four blogs that I really enjoy, and I'd like to hear more about their non-blogging lives!

4 Comments:

Amoena said...

I have secretly wished that someone would tag me to something, so you totally made my day! Thank you so much :D

Victoria said...

Yes! Like Amoena I am also thrilled to be nominated. Sweeet.
And also, I also really appreciate good cosmetitcs! I started using my roommate's and fell in love with mac eye liner and eye shadows. I also love cliniques almost lipstick, has color like a lipstick but goes on like a lip gloss, freaking awesome. I've always loved the mineral powders too. I can't believe I went this far in life with drug store crap on my face!

Kathleen W. said...

I loved reading about your passions, and although I knew about most of them, I had no idea that you were into fancy makeup! That must be why you look so flawless all the time.

I'm glad you posted the award!

knitphomaniac said...

thanks muchly for tagging me! I'll be sure to blog!

 

|