Friday, February 6, 2009

Felted Friday

I apologize in advance if my posts have been "cat heavy" lately. However, I thought I'd post some pictures of a few needle felted "thingies" I've made recently, because Bubsy (the cat) tends to destroy all felted items quickly. At least this way I'll have a record of them.

Exhibit "A". You may remember a post showing a wet felted pineapple.

Here it is today:



Sucks, right? The piece didn't come out perfect, but it was the first felted thing I ever made, which made it special. While, I'm sure Bubsy did this, perhaps Penelope was trying to frame him. This next photo is Penelope while I was trying to photograph the damage.

Exhibit "B":


The felted pineapple thing above was on a high shelf, which Bubsy actually ripped off the wall to get to it. Sigh...wool is irresistible.

Because these following items will surely be destroyed soon, here they are now for your viewing pleasure. When I first learned how to needle felt, I made a little pineapple. A wee pineapple. It has since been eaten. The fruit thing became somewhat of an obsession for a while.


Here's a few:



This is them on a sewing machine table, so you can get a better idea of the size. (The table is dusty! Where's my house husband?!)


Finally here's a cat toy I made to discourage eating of my other felted stuff:


Giving this to the cats is probably just making me an enabler. Oh well.

1 Comment:

Amoena said...

That piece of melon looks super delicious! You should make a smaller one (if that's possible, I don't know what rules felting has) and turn it to a very yummy brooch. At least I would love one :D

(And those grapes too! Great work!)

 

|