Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just a little tit bit.


I just came across I really cool website and I thought I'd share it with anyone who actually reads this. Breast cancer is something that has affected more than one woman in my life. My grandmother died suddenly of breast cancer. By the time she found out she was sick, she only had three weeks to live and wouldn't take visitors. She refused to have a funeral or viewing service, so it was pretty much like she just vanished. No closure. No dead body to look at to make it real. It sucked and was super sad. She was really cool and young, only 69 when she died.
On the other hand, I'm actually thankful in some ways that I never saw my grandma looking like Skeletor. My husband's mother and grandmother also died of breast cancer and it was horrible to see what they went through. It wasn't the same experience because I wasn't as close to either of them because I did live with my grandparents until I was in third grade.

So now that you've read my dead grandma sob story here's the website! It's called Tit Bits and they make knitted prosthetic boobs! My mother in law had a mastectomy and she had this rubbery fake boob and she never wore it. I bet it felt gross against the skin. I have strapless bras with that silicone stuff around the band so it doesn't end up as a belt and I hate wearing it.

I think these are awesome:


How cute! A little pink boobie! I love that they are fun and quirky which I think would be a refreshing departure from all the doom and gloom of cancer treatments, wigs and rubbery boobs.

Feeling flashy? They come in tons of cute colors!


Want the "natural" look? They come in a bunch of flesh tones with cute star-shaped button nipples!


Or, what the hell! Wear a watermelon boob!


You can also choose 3 different nipple...uhh...lengths. There were "natural", "naughty" and "discreet". I have no idea what the heck a "naughty nipple" looks like, since there were no pictures of that.

What a great idea!

6 Comments:

Becky said...

I love tit bits! I would totally knit one if there were a group distributing them to breast cancer survivors. My mother had breast cancer, and although she had the "best" kind (like any kind of cancer is good), it was still really rough on her.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

|