Thursday, October 16, 2008

Felt-tastic.

I love felting! I started with wet and dry felting over the summer and it reminds me of when I started weaving. It's a "where have you been all my life" feeling. This is going to sound weird, but I'm sure no one is reading this anyway, but I freaking love the wool roving. I want to eat it or roll around on it. It is so beautiful, the colors available are lovely and the way you can transform wool roving into "stuff" is amazing! Whether it's wet or dry felting, it's awesome how quickly the wool dreads together to make material or sculptural forms. This is a photo of the sampler pack from Peace Fleece. If you look closely, you can see that the colors aren't solid, but heathered with all kinds of beautiful colored nubbies. Ancient Fern is my favorite, favorite, favorite. Brown with purple and greens mixed throughout! Nice.

2 Comments:

Kathleen W. said...

Welcome to the blogosphere baby girl! I love felting, as you know, and I hope you'll post some of your woolies too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Roxy, it's MTM. I saw you made a blog right before they kicked me off the yahoo group once and for all. :( I know I up and disappeared from the team one day, I was just having too many life problems at once to function. Anyway your blog is pretty sweet. I've been thinking of makeing one too, as it would be the only showcase for all the crazy art stuff I do all the time, but I can't for the life of me figure out how this thing works. I was wandering if you had any good resources that helped you?
The felting looks pretty cool, I've never done anything quite like that. Right now I'm experimenting with polymer clay, and I really want to get into embroidery. (But that's so time consuming!)
So, I can be reached at victoriapitt22@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon!

~Victoria {Previously Known As} Mary Tyler Morphine

 

|