Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Give me your web address, url or whatever it's called!

Arrg. I just took a look for the first time at the person's blog who has the url (is that what it's called?) I wish I had. I was attempting to link to my blog and I accidentally put in fightorflight.blogspot.com and I finally saw the blog that uses that address. Mine is THEfightorflight.blogspot.com, because what I wanted was already taken. She hasn't posted anything to this blog and it hasn't been active since 2002. That doesn't sound that long ago, but how cow, it's seven years! I wish there was a way to get it from her, but I can't bear the thought of redoing my widgets anyway, so I guess it wasn't meant to be. It's too bad that inactive blogs with zero posts don't go back into the system at some point. Say, after six years.

2 Comments:

Amoena said...

I really hate when that happens. "Amoena" is usually taken but never actually used.

And when I was setting up a knit/crochet blog with J.R.(it's ready but not published), we found out that all the blogspot urls that we wanted were already taken. Even the most stupid ones. We eventually changed our blog name because of that.

Blogger is an old platform so all the decent addresses are taken already :( I hope it does something with this problem.

Kathleen W. said...

Don't you hate that! I think if a blog is inactive for more than a year, it should be deleted. It just allows someone to sit on the name for however long they want.

 

|